Don't miss out. Become a follower of my blog and join in all the fun !

Friday, July 12, 2013

Great New Idea ?

Hello there gals...I know, I know, 2 posts in 2 days ? What is going on here ? Well it's a wonder what a little sleep can help. Anyway, I am keeping this short but I wanted to let you all know that I am adding these cute "Penny Packs" to my line of wool for sale (see button on the right that says WOOL FOR SALE). I have sooooo much "leftover" wool that I cant really use sine I am not great at sewing (yet) and doubt I will ever master the blanket stitch well enough to make penny rugs so I decided rather than throwing it away (I hear the yelling now), I should get organized and start selling it. It's great too because I can work on this in bed, which as many of you know, I am forced to spend way too much time !!! I am working on getting larger sizes and different bundles but I am starting with just a few and will see how it goes. I plan on doing some "themed" packs like Harvest Time, Christmas Morning, Cloudy Days etc as well as penny packs that have various shades of one color...the ones I have for sale now are just miscellaneous but all hand dyed by me.

Anyway...here are a few of the pics...





Please let me know what you think and especially you Penny Rug Makers and Applique gals...I need/want your advice !!! Since the hubs is still out of work and the snafu with his unemployment we wont be getting any $$$ for 4-6 weeks, although, thankfully the IRS has FINALLY told us that the reason we haven't gotten our tax return was a small error that TaxAct dot com didn't catch and that we "should" receive our return soon ....Not sure what that means since its already been 3 months and we have gone online, called them, called our state senator's office etc...all anyone would say was that it was being processed and then yesterday we get a letter dated July 15 (um yesterday was July 11th).

Ok, ok, I just need to chill out...I know God's got it all worked out and this is just another lesson in patience and reliance on Him ! That being said, I feel I do need to try to DO something to make some extra bucks cuz we have cut everywhere we possibly can at this point. I mean I could literally do a whole other blog on couponing and living frugally !

Well, that's it for today, so please give me your opinions and advice...I have done a bit of research on how much to charge etc, but the prices online are all over the map.

Grace to you,
Margie

14 comments:

  1. I would be VERY interested in buying some of your wool... You can contact me personally or else I am a follower. I work full time tho, and don't always read the blog posts daily... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margie, I love, love your wool, I think I am hooked now! It is so beautiful and nice. And you could make pennys. I wanted to learn so much and didn't know how to learn the blanket stitch, I got on the computer and watched some you tube videos. I am a visual person and watching a tutorial really helped me. Sorry you have had so much problems with your taxes.
    Have a wonderful day, hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea! can even be used as backing for x stitch smalls. denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margie just seen your penny packs, what a great idea.... I loved the ones of course already sold I think 4 pk, looking for more prim fall colors, will keep watching and hopefully not miss out again....
    Blessings
    rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friend....
    Sorry I'm late here - haven't been on the computer much.

    I really like your little bundles a lot - just look...you have just one left to sell!!! Way to go. Great idea kiddo.

    Hope that tax return arrives soon - our good ole govt. working for us!!!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hunting and hunting for a couple pieces of purple wool. Actually, I was tearing my hair out!!!! When, lo and behod, one of your little perfect stacks of wool fell out........IN THE PERFECT SHADES OF PURPLE. I was doing the happy dance in my hooking room.
    I have to say THANK YOU again!!!!! You have, once again, saved the day!!!!!!
    Ter'e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the wool packs is a very good idea Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t wait to see your new project and how well it turns out. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.


    Please visit My Webblog:Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog at Carol's (Firecracker Kid). I love it and look forward to visiting.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am already enjoying being part of this blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just stopping by to let you know im thinking of you and sending prayers for every day strength and recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margie! It's been a real long time since I've been around blogland. I see it's been awhile for you too. How are you doing? How are things going? I hope you come back to blogging soon, miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my followers, so please leave me a message.